PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Scofield

oldtramper
30-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Joseph Scofield born 1805 was a Master Carpenter and Joiner who lived in Coventry in the 1830s to his death in 1864.He had his son Thomas as his apprentice.I,as his descendant am trying to find out details of Josephs apprenticeship as this may show me where he was born or who his parents were.All I know he was married in Leek Wootton in 1828 but all other sources
have not been able to show me his birth details.
Can anyone help.

Gladys
30-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello, I don't know if you've already asked but The Worshipful Company of carpenters traces its members back to the 13th C. It is one of The Livery Companies of London. HomePage - Carpenters Company (http://www.thecarpenterscompany.co.uk/) There is also the Institute of Carpenters that was established in 18 something. They are linked to The Worshipful Company of Carpenters. Why not ask them if they can look through the archives or let you do it. Its worth a go if you haven't already.

Shizara
30-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Think I have spotted Joseph Scofield on a census and have sent you the details.

Shizara
30-03-2009, 10:07 PM
The penny drops... I thought this conversation sounded familiar and I have an idea I have already sent you the census details so sorry about the duplication. If I remember rightly you are in NZ??

Shizara
02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Gladys> Am going to move your searches to their own thread or one subject might overwhelm the other.