PDA

View Full Version : The Encore refurbishment

Will
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I recently found out the Encore at the bottom of Bridge Street is being refurbished. It's owned by the same people who own Baraset Barn, I don't know if this is a new development or not.

The big question is, the way I see it. Are we going to see something new and original, or are we going to see another cookie cut, trendy wine bar? With DJ's that play the same old stuff that every other bar is playing. Or will we get something unique?

Here's hoping it's the latter, but only time will tell for sure!

unknown
09-02-2009, 02:36 AM
hi for those who want to know about the encore refurbishment i might be able to help fill you in a little bit. I work at the encore and what i can tell you is that there is no other place like it in the town. the whole mood of the place is unique, the lighting is dimmed, the music not blazing,leather sofas, working fire place for those cold days.We the staff wear blue jeans,with a black t shirt saying the encore on it and leather aprons. The draught's are different with the likes of peroni lager,leffe lager,real ales,anstalls cider and also a good wine list,or we serve coffe to drink in or u can take away.The menu is the big change serving the likes of pigeon breast salad,monk fish,pie of the day etc...and we also serve breakfast. but for a full look at the menu and other stuff why not visit the website at Opening Soon – The Encore (http://www.theencorestratford.co.uk) though the full site launches soon, i hope i might of been able to help

Sandman
18-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I haven't written anything on this site for years, but this compelled me to log on and say something.

"This is also a great opportunity to earn money for those of you travelling or taking a year out of your studies from far and wide such as Austrailia, New Zealand, South Africa or anywhere!"

You'd think with 2,000,000 UK citizens currently unemployed, they'd be looking to giving priority to UK workers over foreign. :mad:

Will
14-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, I had a look round briefly the other day, but the bar had already shut. In the short time I spent in there, the only thing that stuck me was that it looked like your average chain bar.

nighthitcher
12-04-2010, 05:21 AM
sounds good to me