PDA

View Full Version : Ill Off Work...

nutty_girl_2001
26-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm getting increasingly bored being ill off work with flu :( It would be nice if I could physically do anything more strenuous than sit and type with a blanket around me :(

Will
26-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Sorry to hear that nutty, it's horrible when you can't do anything because of illness. I always find a good book is great for passing the time, reading it bed with al the essentials like a hot water bottle, readily available drinks and snacks etc. The sofa's also a good place to do this, with some nice warm blankets. I'm sure you know all this already, hope you get better soon. :)

nutty_girl_2001
26-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Ta - there's only so many re-runs of Top Gear on Dave you can take in one illness :(

However success - the other half has bought me pineapple, so things aren't too bad!

Oh and a tip for anyone planning to be sick - DO NOT, repeat DO NOT swallow Korvonia or any other cough syrup if you are prone to vomiting... the burning will make sure you don't do it again :new_popcornsmiley: :blink:

Enough said.

Shizara
26-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Aww, being home ill is not fun at all. Will offers some really good suggestions. I only have one suggestion... Lemon juice, honey and hot water...

nutty_girl_2001
27-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd like to see what potions people recommend for being ill :D

My favourite so far is from my Venezuelan friend who recommends papaya as an anti-inflammatory :D