PDA

View Full Version : Warwick Victorian Evening

f'north
24-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Christmas has now come, my festive cheer does not even begin to surface until about 10:30pm on this evening.

I have memories of the evening from when I was a child, and am now able to appreciate this even more....fantastic idea from all involved starting it at 4pm this year.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE

:clapping: :clapping:

p.s. its this thursday, the 27th

Toad
25-11-2008, 10:24 PM
f'north, I am delighted you are so excited by the Victorian Evening for it is (usually!) a great evening. As one who was involved in the organisation of the first ten years or so (but less so now) it gives me enormous satisfaction that you remember it so fondly! In the early days it was a real slog to get everything to run smoothly (and many cold, wet nights trying to control bad-tempered motorists with no police support) but now it is being run by a committee of committed local people (residents, traders, council etc.) with lots of support from local businesses.
I really hope it is another success for Warwick and hope you enjoy it as you did in your childhood!

Toad
25-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Forgot to say, the museum is housing a Santa's grotto which, I gather, is open for a few hours every weekday although, mysteriously, not at weekends.

nutty_girl_2001
27-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I'd love to go this - not fair I'm ill :(

chillitt
27-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Thats a shame, It was a great night!:D