PDA

View Full Version : Oscar's bar looses late licence

Will
15-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I've just heard an unconfirmed rumor that Oscars has lost its late licence. As someone who was a faithful patron of Oscars for a long time, only to start getting turned away for being in an 'all male group' (all three of us), and discussing it with the owner Brett, who I discovered couldn't care less about his loyal customers, I decided I would no longer go there.

Now he's lost the one thing which brought people there in the first place, which was that it stayed open past 2:30am. After the way my friends and I were treated, I for one won't shed any tears if it goes out of business now.

JWR
26-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I will second that Will, As one of the 3 in the all male group. Oscars have out lived there new and exciting reputation and in its place, they are now well known for their customer service been on similar par to their prices - We were loyal from the night the doors opened, have been turned away on countless occasions for no reason at all, only to find out that the place has been empty anyway . Service is King in my mind and if you want to be over charged and under appreciated, then its the perfect place to throw your money away - Stratford has so many more atmospheric places than oscars. Spend your money somewhere you at least get a smile in return .Its the first positive thing the council have done for a while !!!