PDA

View Full Version : Stratford Steam Museum?

Will
11-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I've heard all sorts of rumors about this. Some say it will be on the site of the old Stratford FC grounds, and others say it will actually right next to the Railway Station, and will be the biggest of its kind in the country.

I honestly thought I'd never see the day when Stratford got a Museum or attraction that wasn't to do with Bloody Shakespeare. If this goes ahead, I'll actually be able to say that something in Stratford is being built which I approve of!

Yay to culture!

JWR
26-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I can probably clear this one up . I own a premises that sits just behind the proposed new steam museam, so we have been privy to some legal documentation been posted through the door to see if wanted to object - which we did not . The site is indeed right next to the existing station, there is a small area or sideing that has been dis used for some years, apparently the investor is a private one and the amount we were informed was 6 Million. The museum is era marked to be the largest of its kind in the UK with many working locomotives, the proposal also metioned that the museum may run further along the sideings to an area near the canal .
As previous posts mention, its great to see an attraction that will help put stratford back on track so to speak. It was unanimously voted as a go by the council, another good decision. That is twice ive praised them in the same evening! For all you steam enthusiasts there is already a steam train that runs on sunday from stratford station, i believe it runs to leamington spa.Not sure when the museum is due to start, however some groundworks have been underway for the last month or so - if i hear anything else, i slide it under the warwickshire online door .

Lex
28-04-2022, 05:40 PM
Sadly, this never seems to have got off the ground.

rebbonk
28-04-2022, 06:20 PM
This is really a shame. Steam attracts an awful lot of interest, and not just from old f*rts like me.

Lex
28-04-2022, 06:54 PM
As Will alluded to in his post - if it ain't Shakespeare, it ain't happening.

margaret
10-05-2022, 04:58 PM
I think folks are fed up with the Shakespeare industry these days. Been there and seen all that!
It would be great to have a Steam Museum attraction. I would visit along with the enthusiasts & old f...ts as delicately put by rebbonk.

:o:)