PDA

View Full Version : 10100 New Homes to be Built in Stratford

Will
09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
The amount of new homes to be built in Stratford has apparently nearly doubled from 5600 to 10100! As even more three story ghettos are nearing completion on the Birmingham Road, I can't imagine how much further the town will be degraded by this. It simply can't cope with the amount of people it currently has, how is it going to cope when the population is potentially doubled?

I utterly despair.

timbo1911
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
i dont agree with your comments i think they look smart and have you ever seen a ghetto m8 typical stratford snobbery so you prefer to look at abandoned disused factories and warehouses

Will
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. To me they look like what they are, cheap housing that's been built as cheaply and as highly as regulations allow, to cram as much profit into the land available as possible. It's not a ghetto now, but give it time.

If it's snobbish to not want to see cheap and nasty housing taking up every spare inch of land in your town, and the promise of 10,100 more of them to be built. Then yes I'm a snob.

timbo1911
10-10-2008, 07:58 PM
nasty estates omg you startford people are really snobs take all the tourists away your be nothing they are paying your bread and butter

Will
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
What have tourists got to do with ugly houses? I don't make any money off tourists in any case.

Gladys
11-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I have read through this and actually you are faced with similar building plans to us here on Hayling Island. 'They' have proposed 1000 new homes on the Island and we have staved it off using our Forum, active objection through the planning offices and counter arguements at meetings. We used local press as well.This Island measures approx 4 miles x 4 miles and around 10 years ago had a population of 17000. It is now well over that and we have 'London Army' here too. I suggest you use the same methods which require a particularly motivated person or persons to get 'stuck in'.We looked at things from flagging up infrastructural shortcomings like sewerage drainage, road and access issues and even have gone to the lengths of using endangered species that are protected. We also pointed out that as there is a shortfall in the amount of GPs and Dentists in the area, those who are here are already overstretched and don't need any extra to thier load. You can find and do the same. Good Luck :)

Shizara
11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
So... even though financially things look fairly grim out there at the moment there is money available to build 10,100 new homes?

It isn't about snobbery, it is about a multitude of factors, most of which, have been outlined in the other postings. Invariably you get what you pay for. Cheaply constructed homes thrown together have a short shelf life so to speak. There must be an incredible number of boarded up existing homes that can be restored or is it cheaper to knock down solid structures and build new houses? Houses such as this are a stop gap or a case of putting a plaster on the the problem for the immediate moment but little thought given to the future of such estates.