PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed builder in Thuringen Germany finds £12,000

elimag800
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Did anyone read the headlines-A unemployed German builder found £12,000 in a purse at the side of the road while on his bike this man has a disabled son & said he could have done with the money to pay his Electricity bill, still he handed it in to the local police.
What would you do ???
I'm thinking !!!
Darn it I would have done the same .
You think the police after establishing nobody had reported it , would have given him the money for being so honest.
does honesty pay ?:confused:

Will
01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
If no one had claimed it, yes I think he should have had it. But these days, if it's not in the rule book, it ain't allowed.

Shizara
01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I remember finding a substantial amount of money in an envelope in a supermarket downunder... Doing what I thought to be the right thing I handed it in and details were logged in a book. Allegedly the person who lost it came and claimed it. A reward was not expected but a thank you would have been nice.

Gladys
02-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Dear All, I saw this today. It struck me too. Poor bloke. If ever a test there was, that was it. He passed it. After some thought, I'd have done the same. I don't know what the law there says on these things but I'm sure here that it still stands that if you find something, jewellry, money anything, if it is not claimed after 1 month it is yours.My son found an old ring set with precious stones, it eventually became his. Let's hope it applies there, he deserves it. :)

elimag800
02-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Iv'e never found anything but I loose loads of stuff , wish I could find the stuff Ive lost in my own house.
I always hope such as in this incident someone somewhere picks up on this man's honesty & either gives him a job or helps him out.