PDA

View Full Version : Summer in the Square/ Car show

Madhatter
19-09-2008, 01:29 PM
This weekend in Atherstone, Summer in the Square in the Market Square, 6pm till 11pm, an evening of free entertainment, Jason Dean and his attractive dancers will entertain with support from Anker radio, Limited tables are available on a first come first serve basis, Bring your own drinks, but them from Bargain Booze, or buy from the four pubs and the wine bar surrounding the Square. This is a family event, Children are welcome, and encouraged to get up and dance. A really cheap evening of great entertainment for the whole family.
Please act responsibly, no glass at all, no exceptions, no bottles, no glasses on the Square, Plastic ware is available in all outlets and from staff in yellow vests. This is a condition of the drinks licence that covers the town square.

On SUNDAY we have the Atherstone Classic Vehicle Show, also in the Market square, surrounding streets and Sheepy Road car park. 10am until 4 pm.
Classic cars, vehicles, bikes, and custom Cars will fill the Square.

http://visitatherstone.co.uk/

Madhatter
23-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Car show was fantastic as usual, Summer in the square was ok, but everyone was expecting beetles tribute the beatlegs or what ever they're called, which what was originally booked but that night got cancelled due to rain. They were already booked for the new date so we had Jason dean, which is a good act but not beetles. No pleasing some folk, free night of entertainment bring your own booze and still moan:rolleyes:
Next is dickens night November 29th but I've put on the halloween illuminations in Welcome Street again this year most are on from this Saturday but some cant be on till friday cos council are moany whiney gits.

Madhatter
23-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Why is this in atherstone? I put it on here in events to try to advertise it to people in other towns. If i want to advertise it to atherstone I'll put it on the numerous town sites 5+ and on posters. Surely an events section for the whole of warwickshire makes more sense.

Will
23-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Because there is no events forum now, there's no point keeping a forum open that hardly gets used, while pushing the ones that ARE getting used into sub-forums. People are perfectly capable of finding new posts using the 'new posts' feature. If you're really serious about promoting an event, you may want to consider using the 'calendar' feature too.