PDA

View Full Version : Whales

Gladys
03-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Does any one else have a real passion for these creatures like me? We had a Nothern Bottle Nosed young female beach herself on Hayling Island here in Hampshire this Thursday/Friday. (You may have seen/heard about her on the TV/Radio) The whole world descended on HI to see her. Unfortunately the scientists who were 'doing' her rescue found she was too ill and put her down. She is a species of whale that lives over 3000 miles away in very deep ocean. She has teeth and eats the huge deep sea squid everyone reads about.Not once did she try to bite her rescuers. How on this planet did she end up here? Any 'Boffs' with answers? It was such a sorry sad end. She had tried so hard and 'we' did too. We really don't know enough. I'm worried we traumatised her so much, she suffered as a result. I don't know anyone who 'speaks' whale. She was heard to make sounds. LOL XXX:unsure:

Gladys
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
She was 'left' to see if she could get back to sea but she beached herself again. They had already taken the blood samples that showed she had renal failure from the dehydration.However they think she was already ill to have come this way in the first place.The trouble is they don't know what with or why. They took her huge body away the ext day on a transprter to ?Scotland.
We have had many creatures here often. Last summer there was a dolphine that was successfully returned to the dep sea beyond the bar in Chi harbour. We have many seen this summer happy in the solent and seals seem to be accommodating themselves in Chi harbour and the marinas therin.