PDA

View Full Version : which school/town to choose?

Petru
30-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Hello to all,

I'm new to the area. I've just got a new teaching job in Nuneaton and I would like to get some help with choosing a good school for my daughter who is 5 years old. She already was accepted at several schools, but, since we are relocating from another country, we do not have enough information about the area. In Bedworth, she was accepted at St Francis Catholic School and in Nuneaton at
1. St Michael CofE Primary School
2.Chilvers Coton Community School
3. Park Lane Primary School
4. Stockingford Infant School
5. Camp Hill Primary School
6.Weddington Primary School
7. Glendale Infant School.
8. All Saints CofE Primary School
We were lucky to have such offers, but unfortunately, it is hard to us to make the best decision since we do not know anything about this schools, about this towns.
Me and my family will relocate to this area next month and we would be more than happy to get advice from you regarding a better school, a better town to live from the area. Can anyone tell me which town to choose for living (houses to rent, prices)?

I hope I am not incoveniencing you with this request, but there is not much time untill August and for all that I need to make some plans.
I look forward to your reply. :help:

Madhatter
23-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Well surely you know if you want your child educated to catholic or protestant religion, I'd have thought that would have got rid of some.
Stay away from camp hill, it's being regenerated but until it works all I can see is druggies who grow weed in their parlour.
I can't say out of the rest which is good as I don't have children. I don't know if you've already made your choice either, how long do you have?

Gladys
23-08-2008, 06:13 PM
We have the Sats result tables here and the GCSE results which are all posted at the schools and at the Local Education Authority Offices. They have OFSTED reports on each educational institutions aswell. These are a guide as to how well the school teaches its children in publishing the results achieved in these exams. They are meant to demonstrate an effective school producing good results. They are an educational measurement tool (some would argue otherwise;) )However, other things are important aswell. Things like the sense of the community in the school, its leadership and the team of staff who contribute to its ethos. Your gut instinct when you interview them. Ask yourself, do the children seem happy here? Ask around as you are doing so.Good Luck:)

Shizara
24-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Whilst I am a resident of Nuneaton I don't have children. But a quick search of the internet gave a few useful urls:

Best Primary Schools in Nuneaton | Nursery & Junior Schools in Nuneaton - UpMyStreet (http://www.upmystreet.com/local/schools/primary/l/Nuneaton.html) Just click the link for each school for performance results.

This might be another source of information:

http://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/