PDA

View Full Version : Shameless

Abbie
13-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I've just seen two of the repeat episodes this week and am mightily impressed with it. As a humorous study of sink estate sleeze, it probably takes some beating. There are some wonderful characters in it. I think it is set in Manchester, but it could probably have been located in any city with a similar sub culture. I wonder if the Manor is anything like this?

Muppet
13-03-2006, 07:44 PM
David Threlfall is a very fine actor. Who can forget his wonderful and moving performance as Smike in Nicholas Nickelby? There also some other very fine performances in Shameless, not least by some of the younger cast members.

Simon
15-03-2006, 06:08 PM
I love Shameless! It's odd the way that over three series you get to love the characters despite all the criminal activities they're involved in. Then the stories play on our paranoia about what people on estates are like and ramp it up so it's all just farce and utterly over the top.

That's the serious bit done with, on the other hand I could just say I love it because it makes me laugh my a** off!

I like Marty, Lip, Kev and best of all, Veronica. What a star!

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 03:19 PM
The greatest programme on TV - hopefully there'll be a series 4 - fingers crossed.

Marty is a legend!!!!:D

Will
28-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I've only recently started watching this Series, and I'm now wishing I'd discovered it sooner. I'm struggling to remember names, but the main character with the long hair. It was an episode where he went on a drugs trial, to test drugs which kept you sober. It was absolutely hilarious. :)

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Frank Gallagher (David Threlfall)

Pint of lager and a couple of e's please Kev - Classic!!!

Sarah
28-03-2006, 03:59 PM
I love Shameless! I love it almost as much as No Angels. :D

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Did you see Lia from No Angels (Louise Delamere) on Dalziell and Pascoe as well as The Chatterley Affair over the past 72 hours - she's been busy!!!!

Think that Mc Manus is just comedy Gold!!!!:D :D :D

Will
28-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I saw the guy who plays Pascoe in the Dirty Duck in Stratford the other week, it's a bit of a luvvie hangout. :)