PDA

View Full Version : TV makeover

cathidaw
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Today when I got home I watched "60 minute make over"-has anyone seen it?
One hour to 'revamp' rooms and a kitchen in someone's house---when they are not there!
What a shambles. Out with the light and airy look-lets make it all cosy with dark furniture and heavy patterned wallpaper, browny mismatched walls-'artworks' made out of bits of torn up wallpaper samples, curtains out of what looked like old rags thrown over a pole.
17 workers painting ,cutting up stuff, binning stuff,putting up lights, carpet laying, etc,etc, --(Hurry up we have only one hour)
Close ups showed up obvious bad or hasty workmanship-and it all cost-'only' £17.000 --excluding labour charges.
I'd die if any friend did me a favour like that,-- or sue for £17,000.
It was quite attractive beforehand. and my house looks quite spacious after seeing this.
Then there was the presenter, cloyingly leading the 'surprised' lady of the house by the hand to see the transformation and asking the serious questions we all want to ask. "do you notice any difference-- why have you got tears, are you a little bit emotional?"
Oh yuk , I feel emotionable now, having watched this show.

I think though, I will watch it again- it is so bad, it is entertaining in it's awfulness.

Shizara
17-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Glad I didn't watch that makeover. I will stick with my light and airy "shoebox" having got rid of the dark and horrible wallpaper in the last 6 months or so.

I wouldn't like anyone to make all those decisions on my behalf. My home, my choice.

cathidaw
18-04-2008, 01:20 AM
You really should watch this program - possibly with friends and a drink
it is so bad it is funny-so an entertaining evening for all.

Shizara
18-04-2008, 03:35 AM
grins... sounds a plan then.

cathidaw
18-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I watched today's episode( am I sad' or what)
A small house-- all of the traditional stuff cleared out' to create a feeling of space'.
Then, the space filled with so much clutter. small .tables .chairs etc there was no room to have a cat let alone swing one.

Incidentally what does one do with all of the cushions at night ? throw them onto the floor?.
We see it in shops and show homes. all these colourful tiny useless things scattered around.

? Have I got nothing else.to talk about? No- I have been gardening all day and my mind is numb, my body is stiff and Iam going to settle down on a nice big fat 'real' cushion-with my cat.

cathidaw
10-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Well- today Iwatched 60 minute makover for the last time--well half of it. Ido hope someone else has watched it and had to suffer as much as me.
As I said before it is so awful , no the presenter is so stupid and inane at first it is funny as she is so bad-but now I just cant believe it.
No more Wednesday tv-for me-the only day I watch.

Gladys
11-09-2008, 12:19 AM
I saw some of it- I had it on in the background. All I can remember is everything went BROWN. It was tidy but brown. The bathroom was an improvement. Not having seen all of it I can't say much else except the end result today was BROWN. They have different designers and this one obviously 'does' BROWN. It could have been much nicer when you compare what they have done to other homes. I don't know how genuinely peoiple react but these people seemed to like BROWN. :D

Gladys
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I may seem as though I watch it, I don't, it's just on in the background as I get ready for work or whatever. I only saw what today's designer was wearing and that was enough. I am hoping her dress sense wasn't reflected in the makeover.:)

Shizara
19-09-2008, 09:14 AM
BROWN? - You will have the Interior Decorator types gagging on their tea served in fine, bone china and the pinky finger raised... "BROWN indeed.. That is so very tacky!"

I am just joking but the one thing I have noticed is that to make it the "in" colour what most of us know as "BROWN" was renamed "CHOCOLATE". Like all "fashions" it will certainly have its day.

Gladys
19-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I think that day has come.:)