PDA

View Full Version : Government has done it again...

Shizara
07-04-2008, 12:37 PM
The government has just pulled another rabbit out of the hat by clobbering childless people in low paid jobs. Often these people live on their own and making ends meet is hard enough for them as it is. I think the government needs to make really clear the reasoning for what seems like a ruthless act of "robbing Peter to pay Paul".

Childless people, who are usually childless for many reasons from inability to have children and personal choice, are being penalised again. Whilst I realize the government needs people to keep having children and hopefully increase the tax take as generations go by the reality is, many don't have children. This doesn't mean they are rich materially, yet, the government, in its infinite wisdom sees fit to clobber them for more tax.

Perhaps it is the view of those that make these decisions that those without children, in the low income level, can afford to contribute more to the coffers.

Maybe there has been some enlightenment on the subject and I have missed it.

BBC NEWS | Politics | Low-paid hit by tax changes - MPs (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7333496.stm)

chillitt
13-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Funny how it was 250 quid when he was taking it off me, and now he is squaring up by paying me 120 quid at some point in the next year...:rolleyes:

chillitt
14-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Aren't they supposed to stop all this politicking when there is a by election on?