PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Town Centres

Shizara
05-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Hmm, was watching the news this morning and they were going on about the detrimental effects on shopping in town centres with parking being not only charged for but a limited time. It was argued by some that they were better off going to out of town shopping estates where the parking was free. One person piped up and said he will use someone's private parking bay if he needs to. Er... Hello? He thinks if there is no parking, extra parking is available by using a private bay somewhere?? Am sure that person would not be impressed if someone parked on his property if the space was vacant due to the car going out and returning home finding it occupied. I daresay he might do a bit of a rant. So.. that poses an interesting question. If someone has helped themselves to your private parking area because it is empty and they don't have to pay, then where do you park without the risk of being fined or worse, being clamped??

chris cw
06-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Well if there was space, I would park smack bang in front of the car thats not meant to be there and block him/her in! If not enough space, depends entirely on the area.. but I woudl look at getting your own space back

Madhatter
25-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Reminds me of what happened at the old swan over the road. Guy next door started to park in his car park and got shirty when asked to move it, saying he doesn't pay for the car park. Eric pointed out that he has to pay business rates for the pub and car park. He doesn't mind during the day when it's quiet but not at night when the car parks full.