PDA

View Full Version : city and guilds in abandoned vehicles

cathidaw
06-03-2008, 11:46 PM
;
Did anyone know that one can get a City and Guilds certificate in 'Abandoned Vehicles'.
True -I saw it in the Coventry Telegraph this week.
Any other ideas for a C and G. cert
C anG in porridge making perhaps?

chillitt
07-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I actually have a C&G in digging.....:cool:

cathidaw
07-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Digging what?
With machinery-heavy, or archaeology perhaps or maybe horticulture'
I was being a bit facetious about abandoned vehicals. there must have been a bit more to the C and G it than that.

Madhatter
25-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I have C&G in machine assembly and processing skills. Basically turning machinery on and off, putting screws in and doing it all in the right order.
It's a very technical and sought after qualification.

chillitt
25-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Digging what?
With machinery-heavy, or archaeology perhaps or maybe horticulture'
I was being a bit facetious about abandoned vehicals. there must have been a bit more to the C and G it than that.

You know - Digging! with a fork!:D

f'north
25-11-2008, 12:06 AM
;
Did anyone know that one can get a City and Guilds certificate in 'Abandoned Vehicles'.
True -I saw it in the Coventry Telegraph this week.
Any other ideas for a C and G. cert
C anG in porridge making perhaps?

Quick check on Google (I thought it would be an easy qualification to get) and its something to do with these new fangled parking warden people being able to recognise if a vehicle is abandoned or not.

mmmmmmm windows all smashed, tyres nicked and the things on bricks with a window full of tickets, perhaps the owner lost the key :confused:

cathidaw
25-11-2008, 02:09 AM
I suppose that would be a bit of a clue.
Maybe if it had a sleeping bag in it or some curtains that would not count. as abandoned The reason I say this is because today I took my car to be serviced and had a look around at the scrap cars in the next compound.
One car had a snazzy sleeping bag and a matching pair of silky yellow curtains. (I took a photo) No windows of course and the car was smashed up a bit , but it made me wonder-there's story there somewhere!
Perhaps the night watchman sleeps there.

nutty_girl_2001
29-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I love the local college providing a course on 'felt making' :D