PDA

View Full Version : Home size to decide water bills .....

Shizara
05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I read this news item further to see what it amounted to. It seems that Thames Water is to introduce a system for those that can't have meters installed. This amounts to billing them on the size of the property, using the numbers of bedrooms. To be honest, whilst this is a step in the right direction ALL water companies could do the same and also include other factors which are every bit as relevant as the number of bedrooms. Two in particular come to mind. Does the property have a bath, a shower or both? Does the property have a washing machine? Both a bath and a washing machine are hefty users of water. There must be many out there, like, myself, that have only a shower. No bath and no washing machine, yet we continue to subsidise. It gives me no real reason to conserve water except that from a planet perspective it is a precious commodity.

Come on water boards/companies, wake your ideas up, make it fairer.

Unregistered
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
well I live in a flat and despite there being three flats each side of the block I still have to pay full money for rainwater disposal. I haven't even got a roof above it's another flat. I hardly use any water shiz but don't want to have a water meter fitted in case a woman moves in with me