PDA

View Full Version : I am (almost ) lost for words

cathidaw
30-11-2007, 12:03 AM
yesterday was my birthday and it was a good one in spite of all the things that I was worried about were going to happen -and didn't.
Does that make sense?-no I thought not.... but I will explain another day.
Tonight I went out to a school play in an Oxfordshire village, which Iexpected to be a Yawn , but wasn't and got home late, thinking , well that was that day finished . I went on line --of course --and found an e.mail from WOL wishing me a happy birthday.
As I said I was almost lost for words (but not quite) so I am thanking you ..whoever keeps records , is it Will?........for finishing off this excellent day by making it even better.
Thanks again my friends
cathidaw
I am still puzzling out how you knew though.

Will
30-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Most welcome Cathy! All part the service.

Glad you had such a wonderful Birthday. ;)

optrex
02-12-2007, 06:53 AM
I am still puzzling out how you knew though.

:D Its done automatically from the date which you use to register on the forum. No-one else should take credit for it, but you - for using the correct date when signing up ;)

Glad you had a nice birthday Cathidraw

Will
02-12-2007, 09:37 AM
:D Its done automatically from the date which you use to register on the forum. No-one else should take credit for it, but you - for using the correct date when signing up ;)

Glad you had a nice birthday Cathidraw

Not to call you predictable or anything Optrex, but I knew you were going to be straight on here to point that out.

Shizara
02-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, predictions or otherwise am so glad you had a great day Cathidaw. Rather late I know as I escaped over the weekend, but Happy Birthday for the day that I missed.

cathidaw
02-12-2007, 11:22 PM
thank you all.
Now I can say why Iwas worried about 'things'
Severn Trent detected a leak under my house and I was told that my kitchen floor had to be dug up... Just like that.-and within that week!.
Then my fire would not work-only 3 years old-and it would cost 250.00 to repair.
Was I concerned-you bet Iwas...me who doesn't usually panic. Iexcused myself that I'd had bronchitis the week before-, and was not myself.-.

Then I collected myself- told myself off, and phoned a new gas fitter- who actually came out that day---and said it needed a new valve and the whole lot would cost only 90
Then back to Severn Trent, who sent a couple of men to listen again to my
underwater pipes. They said that they could be bypassed and a new lot put in. Tuesday came and so did they-with a a computerised gadget called a mole which burrowed under the ground-taking the new pipes with it.
3 trenches under 3 paving slabs and the job was finished in 3 hours. They even sent someone to powerwash the messed up area later that afternoon.
Someone up there was looking out for me that week so now I have to do a few more good turns as a pay back. And also write to ST to thank the workers for their courtesy and excellent work.
PS.( I had a red fox in my garden today)

Shizara
03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I can understand your worry about things. So often we have to get other opinions and quotes for doing things and they can range from one extreme to the other. I have found there are many out there who will roll the signs in their eyes like one of those old cash registers. You can almost here the "ker ching! Ker ching!"

I am so glad things worked out well for you.