PDA

View Full Version : I am (almost ) lost for words

cathidaw
30-11-2007, 01:03 AM
yesterday was my birthday and it was a good one in spite of all the things that I was worried about were going to happen -and didn't.
Does that make sense?-no I thought not.... but I will explain another day.
Tonight I went out to a school play in an Oxfordshire village, which Iexpected to be a Yawn , but wasn't and got home late, thinking , well that was that day finished . I went on line --of course --and found an e.mail from WOL wishing me a happy birthday.
As I said I was almost lost for words (but not quite) so I am thanking you ..whoever keeps records , is it Will?........for finishing off this excellent day by making it even better.
Thanks again my friends
cathidaw
I am still puzzling out how you knew though.

Will
30-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Most welcome Cathy! All part the service.

Glad you had such a wonderful Birthday. ;)

optrex
02-12-2007, 07:53 AM
I am still puzzling out how you knew though.

:D Its done automatically from the date which you use to register on the forum. No-one else should take credit for it, but you - for using the correct date when signing up ;)

Glad you had a nice birthday Cathidraw

Will
02-12-2007, 10:37 AM
:D Its done automatically from the date which you use to register on the forum. No-one else should take credit for it, but you - for using the correct date when signing up ;)

Glad you had a nice birthday Cathidraw

Not to call you predictable or anything Optrex, but I knew you were going to be straight on here to point that out.

Shizara
02-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, predictions or otherwise am so glad you had a great day Cathidaw. Rather late I know as I escaped over the weekend, but Happy Birthday for the day that I missed.

cathidaw
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
thank you all.
Now I can say why Iwas worried about 'things'
Severn Trent detected a leak under my house and I was told that my kitchen floor had to be dug up... Just like that.-and within that week!.
Then my fire would not work-only 3 years old-and it would cost £250.00 to repair.
Was I concerned-you bet Iwas...me who doesn't usually panic. Iexcused myself that I'd had bronchitis the week before-, and was not myself.-.

Then I collected myself- told myself off, and phoned a new gas fitter- who actually came out that day---and said it needed a new valve and the whole lot would cost only £90
Then back to Severn Trent, who sent a couple of men to listen again to my
underwater pipes. They said that they could be bypassed and a new lot put in. Tuesday came and so did they-with a a computerised gadget called a mole which burrowed under the ground-taking the new pipes with it.
3 trenches under 3 paving slabs and the job was finished in 3 hours. They even sent someone to powerwash the messed up area later that afternoon.
Someone up there was looking out for me that week so now I have to do a few more good turns as a pay back. And also write to ST to thank the workers for their courtesy and excellent work.
PS.( I had a red fox in my garden today)

Shizara
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I can understand your worry about things. So often we have to get other opinions and quotes for doing things and they can range from one extreme to the other. I have found there are many out there who will roll the £ signs in their eyes like one of those old cash registers. You can almost here the "ker ching! Ker ching!"

I am so glad things worked out well for you.