PDA

View Full Version : New three bin scheme from next year

Dexter
15-11-2007, 12:24 PM
The Council insist they have not opted for a fortnightly scheme - something councillor Les Topham said back in May would absolutely not happen.

One week the green and blue bins will be collected from the kerbside, the following week the grey will be picked up.

err Les if they collect some bins every other week ..isn't that a fortnightly collection?? .... Sorry can't take you seriously..

Anyway nice to have asked the people of Stratford District if this is what they want NOT!

Shizara
15-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Do they make this same application to all things?

In one sense they are picking up bins every week but in the correct sense they are indeed picking up bins of a particular colour every fortnight. Working that out isn't rocket science. The science is probably in the way it is being presented.

chillitt
15-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Not very environmentally friendly, making 3 times as many bins, is it?:rolleyes:

optrex
15-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Enjoy the maggots in the summer won't you ;)

Dexter
16-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Great if you like to go fishing I guess!

cathidaw
16-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Adding a bit more visible pollution to our towns !
We have technicolour lines on our roads, large patches of red and green by the bus stops, a multitude of signs in all shapes, sizes and colours.In my road there is a large new area of 'red' at the bottom of the hill--to let us know we are at the the bottom of the hill-then two signs. One says 'Road narrows'and the other has a diagram of a road narrowing. For those of us driver's who can't read perhaps?
In some of the terraced streets in Coventry the bins are out on the pavements all of the time . People don't bother to take them around to the back... if there is a back. Now we shall see 3 different coloured bins out there.
Lets see.........a street of 90 houses........mmmmmmm. that means180 bins to a street. What fun! An army of bins. There are so many of them that if Martians landed it is quite possible they would take them for the 'life on the world.
Legislation gone mad..

Does anyone else out therealso think, as I do that the global warming lobbying has got a bit out of hand? I am almost veering towards the other side.
I do believe we all waste our energy- because we can- and accept the unnecessary overpackaging on most goods-because we have become brainwashed to expect it.
When we all had gas and electricity meters everyone was more careful and aware of what we were using but as now we mostly pay by direct debit or something like it, we all gaily use what we think is needed and then cringe when the bank statement comes and vow to do better next time--but somehow never do.
Last week many people followed the Coventry Telegraph's successful 'switch off' campaign for a couple of hours . I believe his week they 'switch on' the lights in the city.
It's like spitting in the sea to make it deeper.