PDA

View Full Version : Christmas and Winter...

Shizara
14-11-2007, 11:09 PM
With Christmas and winter knocking on the door I wonder what Optrex is predicting for this winter. Lots of snow please, I need to build the snowman for the photo I was going to take last year.

cathidaw
16-11-2007, 01:18 AM
was it really a year ago when you wrote about wanting to build a snowman?
For your sake I hope you get your wish -but please if it does snow -hurry up and take the photo-because I dont want it to last more than a day. I dread the cold and snow .

Send us a pic.

Shizara
18-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, I don't know that it was exactly a year... let's just say last winter...

Hmm... can Optrex arrange for the snow to fall on one of my days off please? I doubt they will delay the train when I am working so I can get off, build a snowman, take a photo and carry on.

I am not keen on cold either but have to admit that spending most of my life in the far north subtropical climes of the North Island of NZ snow is very much still a novelty for me - cold and wet that it is.

optrex
18-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Cold and wet (rain) atm. Possibility of snow across high ground in west, sw, and nw

Shizara
18-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the update optrex... it might require some mountain climbing to find enough for a snowman.

Shizara
18-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Hmm... it's snowing and whilst it looks a reasonable amount as it falls from the clouds it doesn't appear to be sticking much, seems too wet.

Shizara
20-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Here's hoping ;-)

I have had one snowy Christmas and that was in Edinburgh when I came here 7 years ago.

Christmas morning it snowed. For a Kiwi from down under who is more familiar with summer being at Christmas it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. White flakes floating from the clouds and a winter wonderland all around.