PDA

View Full Version : Can you take anyone with the name "les" seriously?

Dexter
08-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Is it just me ..but everytime I hear that Stratford District council is headed by a chap called "les" I just laugh..I know its no fault of his but personally I just can't take anyone seriously that calls themselves "les" let alone someone that heads up a council!

Guess It just conjours up images in my mind of those great funnymen Les Dawson and Sir Les Pattison :)

Unregistered
22-02-2008, 10:05 AM
How rude. I can't take seriously anyone so childish. Did you really have no greater contribution to the forum than broadcasting your feelings on the name 'Les'............
You've wasted your time, and offended me.

Les.

Dexter
25-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Sorry unregistered..with a name like yours I can't take your posting seriously ..sorry

cathidaw
26-02-2008, 12:04 AM
How do you feel about 'Reg ' or 'Barry' then

Shizara
26-02-2008, 10:22 AM
We all have a sense of humour to some degree or other and this forum is as much about sharing that as it is items that are local to where we live.

There are times to stop taking life quite so seriously and enjoy a laugh. The real problem is the PC Brigade who seem hell bent on dehumourising life and turning us into clones just like they are turning towns into clones.

I have a friend with the surname Jones. He is tall, lean, talks slowly and for a laugh I introduced him to the song "Along Came Jones". It is a Ray Stevens song but I think the Marty Berk - yes it is spelt correctly - version is funnier and for those that would like to enjoy that it can be found at:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfRg5xHmg4M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfRg5xHmg4M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Far from being offended he found it really funny and bounces up in down with Marty Berk.

Sue MDH
07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes and he has an uncanny resemblance to that other Les Dawson lookie-likie John Prescott