PDA

View Full Version : John Deegan is leaving the Council by "Mutual Consent"

Dexter
26-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I read in the Herald that John Deegan is leaving Warwickshire Counry Council by "mutual consent" shortly

I suspect most of you will wonder who this is..?

Well without in any way being libellous to Mr Deegan it would be fair to describe him as a rather forth right chap who has not been afraid of telling everyone his views and what to do..This includes Councillors and also those in the Executive of Warwickshire Couny Council..

In his role as Director of Planning, Transport and Economic Strategy apart from being totally unelected was the guy that pulled most of the strings both publicly and privately at Warwickshire County Council and is the main proponent of the much hated bridge.

After the local Stratford area county councillors (ie the ones the local Stratford and District public get a chance to vote for) threw out the plans for the bridge to be built at all, it was Mr Deegan who decided that this should be ignored and pushed the executive of the county council to allow councillors from as far away as Nuneaton and Rugby to decide on the matter..

Good luck John, you won't be missed by many I have it on good authority!

Dexter
25-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Well a little more news..."The mutual consent" went along with a nice little pat in the back pocket on the way out of the revolving door to a sum of "circa 400K" of council tax payers money depending on who you believe..

Mr Deegan has now hot footed it to the employment of the prime developer who wants to build the "eco" town (if we put eco before it lads it will make it sound all good) where of course he thinks it a splendid idea for everyone

Perhaps the developer..well it his way of saying thank you maybe?

Shizara
26-02-2008, 10:37 AM
went along with a nice little pat in the back pocket on the way out of the revolving door to a sum of "circa 400K" of council tax payers money depending on who you believe..

Will that mean a further increase in council tax to make up the shortfall? Or is that sort of thing one of the reasons for skyrocketing council tax anyway? The Big Money Pot for back pocket pats and running the gravy train.

Dexter
23-06-2008, 06:34 PM
As you can see Mr Deegan is now a very popular person in the local press now he is the mouth piece for the developers of the "eco" town at Long Marsden (where of course from his home in Farnborough, Hampshire he thinks the new town will be splendid for Stratford)

I'm sure he is also a very happy bunny counting his "mutually agreed" wad of cash (with lots of '000's) on the way out through the revolving door of Warwickshire County Council's..Thats our money by the way

Can anyone tell me how you get to join this club??