dj support
25-10-2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.drentertainments.com/rope.jpg
http://www.drentertainments.com/ropewalk.jpg

Tiff
26-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi dj. :)
What a great map! Thanks.:)
Where did you find this, or did you do it yourself hun? I haven't been able to navigate with it.
Is photography/cartography a hobbie dj?

optrex
26-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Tiff its from google maps. You can also see the same in google earth.

Tiff
26-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi optrex!!!
Guess who?!:D ;)
Thanks for that sweetheart - I can at least go exploring virtually now!
x

dj support
28-10-2007, 06:01 PM
yes thats google earth ive got google maps on my phone but this imagary wasnt so good last year in nuneaton knowhere near as detailed as it is now!

http://earth.google.com

is where to get this software

Tiff
29-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Hi dj.:)
Where is everyone?:D

Thanks for the link dj. I'll download this later.:clapping:
Hope you're well.

dj support
29-10-2007, 01:42 PM
im fine and dandy thanks!

Shizara
29-10-2007, 08:04 PM
They are indeed superb piccies!

dj support
30-10-2007, 01:54 PM
well yeah they are the rope entwinning pavement looks better from the sky than on the floor and so does the ropewaLK Lol!

Tiff
30-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi guys,:)
I completely agree.;)
And whoever came up with the name 'Ropewalk' needs to be run out of town! Actually, I bet they do live out of town.:D
For some reason, it just conjures up images of death row for me?!:confused: Which is not helped by the fact that the Warwickshire Justice Centre is visible from every approach to town.:p
What must visitors think?!:rolleyes:
Hope everyone is well.

dj support
30-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Which is not helped by the fact that the Warwickshire Justice Centre is visible from every approach to town.:p
What must visitors think?!:rolleyes:

Ya'know now you come to think of it i would never have thought about that.... untill you put it in writing :clapping:

optrex
31-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi optrex!!!
Guess who?!:D ;)
x

...my stalker ? :p

Tiff
31-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi optrex,:)

lol - no hun, I just need to get a life!:D ;)
It was just so funny because every page I went to, there you were as the last post. :clapping:
I thought you'd think I was stalking you hun.:D
Have a good day angel.
x

cathidaw
01-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Ropewalk has a historical significance to Nuneaton. Iread it somewhere.
I'm blowed if Ican remember what it is now , but it's something to do with rope making Ithink-surprise surprise-
I'm sure someone knows out there
Any way -the name is boring-it's a boring place--just like any other new- town developement.
Slick, shiny and boring--no romance at all in the design.

Tiff
01-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Hi guys,
Hope we're all well?:)
I didn't know that cathi. I know there's always been strong connections with textiles and mining here. Not much piracy and smuggling rum though.:D :rolleyes:

The Ropewalk wall surrounds on the ring-road always make me think of Alcatraz too - huge imposing chunks of rock. All these criminal associations I'm making?!
Oooook - I think I need to get some therapy...:help: :D
x

Shizara
01-11-2007, 05:40 AM
RUM? Someone mentioned rum?

dj support
02-11-2007, 12:17 PM
The Ropewalk wall surrounds on the ring-road always make me think of Alcatraz too - huge imposing chunks of rock. All these criminal associations I'm making?!

That wall hides what was meant to be a 'goods in entrance' visable from the lower and second floor of the ropewalk carpark when it was being built but for some reason now it resembles a new carpark for i belive Staff.....