PDA

View Full Version : Something good at last

ronlyre
30-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I have to say (through gritted teeth) that this weekend's Food Fayre was really good. A great atmosphere, bags of nosh, music and a bar. No wonder everybody was smiling.

This is what Stratford needs. More well-planned events that don't necessarily have anything to do with the Theatre.

Will
30-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to agree. I didn't even know it was going on, I only came across it by accident. Did they actually advertise it?

ronlyre
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Hardly. I actually came across an ad that said it finished on the 29th!? I thought I'd missed it. I was walking round the river when I came across it.

Shizara
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Maybe they kept the advertising low key in case they were invaded and eaten out of house and home on the first morning.....

Dexter
05-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Yes but did you see the large crowd of people who simply refused to step forward onto Bancroft Gardens and said they were never coming back to Stratford?

They were all claiming that its because it needs a loads of trees chopping down and a canal bridge opened by the Queen mother and built by prisoners at Wormwood scrubs needs ripping out.

I was so glad they pointed that out as it os now so obvious why the gardens were empty of crowds during the food festival.

Hopfully by doing this will bring back the crowds to the gardens currently so badly missed over bank holidays and when festivals such as this are organised..

ronlyre
07-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I was too busy looking at the length of the queue for the Curry.
Really interesting that it was the biggest line of people waiting to be fed by far...

Shizara
08-10-2007, 06:59 PM
... no queue for the local ChishNfips shop that some might say is the best in town?