PDA

View Full Version : Genealogy

Ezziej
25-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I have researched the area of Coventry and I want to say I am impressed.
But now I need some advice. I have traced a 16 year old William Bramwich to Coventry and he was with his Aunt and Uncle William and Mary Manders in the 1841 census. He was a bricklayer as was his Uncle William. I assume that young William was apprenticed to his Uncle William. How can I figure out who his parents are from her. I am stuck! If he was apprenticed he would have apprentice records..I have ordered those. But by using the 1841 census I have come up with none that would fit living in Coventry. By the way they spelled their names Bramwich not Bromwich. And William Bramwich states on all the census that he was born in Coventry.

Another puzzle as I searched Coventry. In about 1875 or there abouts a man named William Bromwich was drug and killed by his horse and cart in Nuneaton. How can I find who and where he belonged?:confused:

Regards,
Ezziej

jj70
25-09-2007, 09:56 PM
If you go onto the local Gov website they might help you it's Coventry City Council (http://www.coventry.gov.uk) or Warwickshire.gov.uk, though remember the bombing raids of the last war destroyed a lot of records. I have a friend who researched his family and found the war museums records very good as the armed forces always kept records. Hope this somewhat helps.