PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone Im new

jon2351
25-09-2007, 11:54 AM
After scrabbling about on the box have found something local and maybe interesting but on reading through the system (after eventually logging on ) it appears to be not used on a regular basis ...whats up rugbians in my experience you have always had something to say in the past..anyone got anything they want to get of their chest ????

Will
25-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Jon,

The site remains to properly kick off, although it appears to be going through a stream of new users recently, so there's hope yet.

Of course, the best way to get more interesting threads on this board, would be to start one off maybe?

jon2351
26-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Can anyone give me any idea as to why our beloved council failed to provide a local spot where rubbish can be dumped and removed by them rather than having the same litter deposited around our country beauty spots and thus requiring the same council to troll around the county collecting same
during our present crisis

cathidaw
26-09-2007, 11:47 PM
COVENTRY COUNCIL HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE WHY EITHER, WHY RUBBISH IS DUMPED. Perhaps if the weren't so picky about what is put NTO THE BINS IT WOULD NOT BE TOO BIG A PROBLEM.
Here in Bedworth we can put anything--within safety reasons, into the black bin-even garden rubbish. We do have green bins but if they get full we are allowed to use the black bin .
Of course there is some dumping but it is mostly sofas fridges tv's etc. out in the lanes'
I know it's not funny, but I had to giggle.
The other weekend I went along Rabbit Lane, a popular dumping place- and somejoker had arranged the rubbish to look like a bedsit-mattress, cupboard- 3 piece suite and extra sofa. tv Fridge 2 cookers, and a dirty old carpet in the middle.
I couldn't see a sink. AND - I had not got my camera with me. When Iwent back next day it had all gone and a new lot was there.
but not so photogenic.

jon2351
27-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Love your reply to a RUBBISH problem so to speak ..its a pity you didnt have your camera ..it would have made a great picture for the local press or even mids TV lol
What makes me so mad is that this problem has been known for a long time and nothing other than advice to go to either lutterworth or napton ..will put people off and no doubt dump the stuff anywhere ...thats all Im going to say on the matter ..anyone else want to get something off their chest ..if so have a go

optrex
27-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi jon, welcome to WOL

jon2351
27-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi jon, welcome to WOL

Hello Optrex thanks for the welcome...are you from tamworth ..itwas my stomping ground in my early youth before being swallowed up by the army

optrex
28-09-2007, 01:47 PM
moved here about 8 years ago, so I'm not a carrot cruncher just yet - lol

jon2351
01-10-2007, 11:04 AM
moved here about 8 years ago, so I'm not a carrot cruncher just yet - lol

Hi came here in 66 world cup year so its easy to remember.."carrot cruncher i dont understand lol .but if its detrimental to dear old rugby i feel i must defend the town..its not a bad old place ..a little bit slow and not liking change but other than that i enjoy living here but must confess the loss of the masts was a bit of a heart breaker

Shizara
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Hiya Jon... welcome too!

I don't live in Rugby, I am not munching carrots as I have only been in Warwickshire 5 years but I do follow the rugby when I can... GOoooo Kiwis!

jon2351
02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Ive only just discovered how to send a msg properly and assumed that reference to a "carrot cruncher" as a person of the sticks..I probably fit the catorgary...but Im proud of being a country boy and wouldnt change it if i could ...so there lol