PDA

View Full Version : I'm Bored!!!

cathidaw
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Where is everyone???

Shizara
10-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm here. Have had some not very nice work shifts lately so have been sleeping at odd times to try and catch up with myself a bit.

cathidaw
10-09-2007, 11:08 PM
SORRY----I'M NOT REALLY BORED i HAD NOT SEEN MUCH ACTION ON WOL FOR A WHILE SO THOUGHT i'D SEE WHO WAS AROUND.
I DONT ALLOW MY GRANDCHILDREN TO SAY THEY ARE BORED SO I SHOULD NOT SAY IT EITHER.
HoW ABOUT THIS FOR A STORY.
I had my 2 grandsons here for a few days-one 7 and one 4 years.Before we went out I washed up and gave them a tea towel each and showed them how to dry up. They have a dishwasher --I dont, so it was a novelty --especially as the older boy has the job of emptying it and putting stuff away-which he always grumbles about. Matthew-aged 4 -- said ,"Hey James, what a good idea, we'll have to tell mummy about this (washing up in the sink)and then you wont have to empty the dishwasher any more.

Shizara
11-09-2007, 10:28 AM
LOL.... out of the mouths of babes...

I have never had a dishwasher - other than myself - and putting a bowl in the sink seems the strangest thing ever, but, having said that, it is a custom from here that goes back I don't know how long. The kitchen sink down under is used to wash dishes without a bowl. Handwashing clothes is generally done in a laundry or utility room in a tub which is either stainless steel or one of the old double concrete tubs which in more recent times have been seen on farms as a water trough for animals long with the odd discarded bath.