PDA

View Full Version : houses

dippydave
12-08-2007, 11:53 AM
can any body tell how many new houses Stratford as had in the past 10 years and benefits have we had from them.

Will
14-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Well I don't know how many houses, but I'd say we've had at least 8 new estates put in, some quite bigger than others. Possibly 2000 - 3000 houses maybe? They're still getting build everywhere, constantly. Like London, every spare inch of land is being crammed with as many houses and flats as possible, rarely with gardens it would seem.

I've seen no benefit to locals for it. I still can't afford a place in the town I grew up in. Shared mortgages leave you with higher payments then if you'd got a full mortgage. Not only that being even shared mortgages seem out of my price range.

Most houses immediately get bought up as rental properties too. This is a nationwide problem, but Stratford seems to be one of the more extreme cases.

Shizara
14-08-2007, 08:30 PM
5 years ago I tried to buy a new flat on a housing estate close to where I am now. No problem getting the mortgage but they wouldn't sell it to me. Why? At the time I was looking to move here so I was not a local resident and was turned down. I subsequently bought a much less desireable property. It was very disappointing.