PDA

View Full Version : Moving the problem

Shizara
04-08-2007, 06:13 PM
:rant: With all the extra revenue raised by the issuing of parking ticket fines will we see a reduction in our council tax? Noooo... I don't think so.

The local council have been cracking down on illegal parking and it's proving profitable for them. Don't get me wrong, take the financial aspect of it away and I understand why they are doing it, however, it is going to move the problem a bit further out. My flat has an allocated parking space and frequently people think they have the right to use it if they can't find parking elsewhere or wish to pay for it. What if I applied the same thinking and am driving along their road, deary me, no parking on the street but, ah, their parking area is free, I'll park there. I get out, lock my car and off to town. Am quite sure they would not be amused when they returned. However, people seem to think it ok to avail themselves of one of the spaces that are allocated to flats and marked as such.

Moving people on is a dodgy experience having been told off by one because he couldn't get to the space to park his car. Why? I was inconsiderately standing there tidying the area up. He was really annoyed when I refused him the use use the space. Another time a couple of carloads of youngsters parked there and I needed the space for my own use. I asked them nicely to park elsewhere and they refused. We parked elsewhere. How can that be right? :rant:

Will get off my soapbox now :rolleyes:

cathidaw
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
everything is about money. Not goodwill towards all people and keeping us all happy so that we won't have to complain too much.
I cannot for the life of me see why there is a reason to charge us to pay to park in the evenings...except for the revenue.

Also ...car park attendants!
We have a little game and give points ,,, first to find one with a smile.
Silly I know, but interesting .:mad: :mad: :mad:

chillitt
05-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Don't get me started again.... Warwicks decrim parking starts monday, but it won't affect us too much for a couple of weeks, because they decided mid August is a good time to dig up the sewer outside the shop for 2 weeks, so the road is closed anyway. :(

dj support
05-08-2007, 07:41 PM
ha and I wanted that job that attendant is doing... Sorry :-(

Shizara
07-08-2007, 01:42 PM
because they decided mid August is a good time to dig up the sewer outside the shop for 2 weeks... :(

What a grand time of the year for such a venture. The weather will likely have it's hot moments - unless Optrex knows otherwise - and so I would imagine the aroma won't be so grand.

chillitt
07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
it gives me great pleasure( and more than a little suprise!) to report that the road works may well be finished on thursday this week! Fair play the bloke digging the 'ole
Hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was
And there was I, digging it deep
It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep
When along comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head
Well he looked down the hole, poor demented soul and he said

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?

Don’t dig there, dig it elsewhere
Your digging it round and it ought to be square
The shape of it’s wrong, it’s much much too long
And you can’t put hole where a hole don’t belong

I ask, what a liberty eh?
Nearly bashed him right in the bowler