PDA

View Full Version : Kenilworth Castle

optrex
02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Well I couldn't afford Warwick, and as it led to me being inspired during Leofrics visit, I thought I would do something in return. Here are some pics of a recent trip to Kenilworth Castle.

They currently have tasting sessions for their jam/chutney, wines spirits and beers too

Pictures at Kenilworth Castle @ Fotopic.Net (http://photosbygrant.fotopic.net/c1338810.html)

cathidaw
02-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Iwas very impressed with your pictures of Kenilworth Castle.
Questions ,,,,,,,did you use a filter on any of them
Have you used photoshop or are they straight pics? Iam still learning photoshop
I have a CANON 350D, which I bought over a year ago.
Went to Jessops to buy a Nikon and had this one as it felt 'right' in my hands
but I have not regretted it. I still use my 'real camera ,a Pentax for black and white and slides; and a smaller Olympus digital which Itake everywhere..

Shizara
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Superb pictures Optrex and some nice angles.

optrex
03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
All the images are straight - no photoshop work and no filters Cath. I upgraded from the 350D to the Nikon, as I found the Canon too soft. I am awaiting delivery of some ND filters to try out though, so we will see how things progress when they arrive.

I've also just re-uploaded everything to high res images - the first lot got too pixelated on viewing. This also has the advantage that they look ok if you wish to have a print made etc.

cathidaw
04-08-2007, 12:18 AM
thanks for your info.
I'm glad they were straight pictures.I belong to a club and most people just cannot help tinkering with every picture.
Iknow that in a competition it is sometimes necessary to 'tweak' for the desired effect, but although the digital camera has made it easy we also get lazy and forget to compose in the camera as we did before with real cameras.
Idid a lot of darkroom work for years and loved dodging and burning difficult pics, but always composed in camera. My uncle was a professional studio photographer of the old school and I learnt a lot from him.
Iam suggesting a competition for non manipulated pics.

Mari
28-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the interesting pictures of Kenilworth Castle. It is a place I have yet to visit. BTW, how much do they charge to get in ?

:)

Shizara
30-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Adult:
£6.00

Children:
£3.00

Concession:
£4.50

English Heritage Members:
Free - Join English Heritage

Other:
Family Ticket: £15.00

If you like to visit properties like this it will work out cheaper to join English Heritage. I joined both English Heritage and National Trust. They are both very worthwhile.