PDA

View Full Version : Internet, television, and phone providers in Warwick/Leamington

Juju
31-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi. What do you all recommend for internet, television and phone providers? In the states we use AT&T and have a bundle package with satellite t.v., phone, and dsl internet. I'm trying to figure out how much money things will cost when we relocate to your area. Also, has anyone ever tried Vonage phone service? Thanks very much.
Juju

Will
31-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Virgin Media are now the main cable providers, you get phone Internet and TV in one package. They are three previous competitors all rolled into one, so it should be quite good, though I don't know for sure.

SKY are satellite TV, they also now offer free broadband with their packages, but I don't think they do a phone service.

BT do phone and Internet, but don't provide TV. But since quite a lot of good TV is now on Freeview, this isn't such a problem. Plus BT claim to have the most reliable Internet available. I can't vouch for their customer service though, which is generally considered to be infuriating.

Hope that's some use to you. :)

cathidaw
01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
will is right. freeview takes care of more or less everything.
7 years ago I became a reluctant agent for a new phone company--reluctant because I'm not good at selling to friends etc. but was persuaded,--but I have recently taken on more as people discuss their woes with Talk-talk ,aol etc.and ask who I use.
I pay 19.95 per month for my broadband(called broadcall) which includes line rental ( no more BT) I have very cheap phone calls --free at all times to others on the same network. My mobile is theirs too and cheap calls. I am now free from B.T.
Ialso have my electricity from them--guaranteed cheapest in this country, and soon will have gas through them.
Service is excellent and they are always available to talk to.
Ihad my computer upgraded last week and could not configure Outlook express-what Idid to it Idont know - but Iphoned them up and someone talked me through it. They do many different packages for mobiles. My son and his partner each have one where they pay so much for their mobiles every month Iforget how much--and talk free all the time. I think it is 15 minutes free- so ring off after 13 and dial again. As they are archaeologist surveyers and are often in the field it is better than the walkie talkies normally used.
Maybe someone out there has a better service---I'd like to hear of it