PDA

View Full Version : Driving Instructor / Driving Lessons - Need A Recommendation!

nutty_girl_2001
22-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Can anybody recommend me a driving instructor in the Warwick or surrounding area? What is the going rate?

I'd prefer a male instructor as I tend to get on with men teaching me stuff for some reason, and always have, but am not going to be sexist and it's the quality of the instructor that counts!

Anyone that can give me a special rate for being a more mature driver than average (22 rather than the usual 17 year olds), or for being a council worker (if any co-workers are out there!) would be much appreciated!

Will
22-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't know what to suggest on the instructor front, but I can offer some free advice. A friend of mine passed his test without taking one lesson from a proper instructor. He just bought the highway code, a book on how to drive, and took loads of lessons from his old man. I'm not saying you should do this, but it does say to me that these instructors aren't as necessary as people are led to believe.

I would also say that buying your own car and leaning in that, and taking your test in it is a good idea.

nutty_girl_2001
28-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm a bit miffed - been sat waiting for 50 minutes and my 'instructor' hasn't turned up! No call about being late - nothing! Grr! That's my money not going to her!