PDA

View Full Version : Floods

Will
21-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Went to have a look at Stratford Today, it had clearly gone down a fair bit, but you could see where it had been at it's highest. It's looks only marginally less worse then the floods in 98.

I hear we're im for worse yet, so we could see something worse then 98 still to come. On the bright side, I may not be able to get to work. :)

Hope no-one here has suffered as a result of the rains though, it must be an awful experience.

What other towns have been badly effected?

torchomatic
21-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I work in the library in the Pump Rooms and we closed shop at 11am as the Leam had burst its banks and water was heading our way. I've been trying to find out all day whether the Pump rooms actually got flooded in the end. I hope not as it'll be a nightmare.

Will
22-07-2007, 05:53 PM
How did it go?

I hear that the river Seven is about to burst it's banks, and that we can expect more serious rain on Wednesday.

Shizara
25-11-2007, 09:07 PM
After a short period of time it is easy for people to forget a tragedy. 35,000 homes is a colossal number. What does boggle the mind as well where were these people housed in the meantime? 35,000 homes would have had an average of more than one person per household.