PDA

View Full Version : Builders - Grrrrr

Shizara
19-07-2007, 07:14 AM
I have only had 3 different builders arranged to come and hang doors for me this week and not one of them has turned up to do the job or even bothered phoning to say they can't. What is it with them?:mad:

optrex
19-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Too much work on for them at this time of year. Your job is classed as being too small and not worth it. I think you will find everyone is the same, unless you can get one through a friend, using a personal recommendation

Will
19-07-2007, 05:45 PM
What a pain for you shiz.

Regardless of whether they are busy or not, the least they can do is call. I would cut loose anyone who couldn't even be bothered to at least phone up and explain.

Shizara
20-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I appreciate that there are times of the year when people are busy and can't take anymore work on but I would rather know that at the start instead of being given a time for the work to be done, no one turn up or even a phone call later saying something like..."Look, I know I was supposed to be there at such and such a time but...."

chillitt
20-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Instant Karma... If any of them phone to say they arecoming again, arrange a date and time, impress on them the importance of them turning up, and then go out for the day. See how they like it

cathidaw
20-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I sympathise about your door.
Today - anytime now in fact - I am expecting a man to fix my boiler (from Ideal boilers)
3weeks ago I had a letter to say that this model needed a new part fitted as a safety precaution ,no charge .They work between 8 am and 5 pm.I waited in all day and he came at 4.48 grumbling that it was late, was overworked, and didn't know what he had come for, so he phoned the company to find out, and then said he had not got the part with him.and would come another day.
A new man came last week and fiddled around with it for an hour and said I needed something else too, which I have to pay for , and would come back again.
I now find that the water pressure goes down if I am not using it so haveto turn it up if I want-a, hot water or -b,heating. It was ok before.
So now I am awaiting- possibly a different man- who should have been here an hour ago to do the job

p.s. He has arrived and- yes a different man who looks mightily grumpy,so I shall keep out of his way (I wonder if misery is a reqiuirement when applying for these sort of jobs)

I offered him tea but declined saying 'I'm here to work' -so suitably snubbed
Iwont offer again. --just hope he gets it right this time.

Shizara
20-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Are they not unbelievable? I had a gas supplier turn up to discuss changing to a combi boiler and having gas heating. Chap turns up, good set of teeth - he smiled a lot. He opened up the laptop and started wittering about pipes here, there and everywhere. Hang on a minute? Since when did they qualify as pipe decorations? Why not paint them a contrasting colour - maybe match your tiling - so they really stand out. Anyway, I made some suggestions that required minimal pipe exposure. Shortly after that he shutdown the laptop and said he would arrange for someone more experienced to come and work it out with me......... Several years later and frozen to death....

..... and the good news?

I finally got all four doors hung yesterday - YAY!

TiGi
20-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Last summer I wanted a new patio doing and could I get anyone to do the job?! NO!

None of the ones who I called for quotes bothered to turn up and the one that did wanted a ridiculous amount of money. Very very frustrating.