PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays and Rain?

Shizara
25-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Another bank holiday knocking on our doors. If the current predictions are anything to go by it looks like the weather may not be very nice to us. - Optrex, can you enlighten us a bit?

Anyone off to make the best of it?

Shizara
31-05-2007, 10:04 PM
... and has been raining ever since

cathidaw
01-06-2007, 12:48 AM
this has been a wonderful year for blossom . Ihave never seen it so profuse.
But now with all this rain my garden has been taken over by the bushes and trees. If it goes on like this I won't see my grass for the overhang.

I often wonder how long the fashion for staging will last. I haven't any-- but in our climate surely eventually, it will get slippery and slimy with mould and will be dangerous.

And, digressing ,what about the faze for laminate flooring. Very dangerous for old people. I also watched a poodle trying to walk on one of these floors--not funny. poor thing was sliding everywhere but where it was going. and was quite distressed.

Not very interesting conversations this week , I have been very efficient and cleaned my house thoroughly. I find being efficient tiring and housework soul destroying, but I can gloat over it 'til the weekend when it will be untidy again-but clean (I even make a mess tidying up) but when my brain gets back into gear I shall be off again.
Also not many people on the site either-perhaps they have all got the same problem.

I am awaiting some of the monthly topics we discussed some weeks ago--------also am awaiting to see what anyone thought of my idea for monthly photo competitions---no prizes but plenty of :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

optrex
05-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Another bank holiday knocking on our doors. If the current predictions are anything to go by it looks like the weather may not be very nice to us. - Optrex, can you enlighten us a bit?

Anyone off to make the best of it?

I was off making the best of it, sorry

Shizara
25-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Wahey! The gods have smiled kindly upon our soggy isles and blessed us with glorious weather.

Up at 3.00 am this morning and worked to Newcastle and back so saw little of our lovely day until I was homeward bound. I do, however, have the next 2 days to enjoy it and that has to be an absolute bonus.

Shizara
27-08-2007, 07:41 PM
That was certainly a Bank Holiday weekend to remember favourably for the lovely sunshine.