PDA

View Full Version : someone smashed into my hedge

cathidaw
13-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Iwas away last night and when Iarrived home today someone had run a car into my garden hedge which is an enormous laurel 3-4 feet thick,which has been there for 35 years so imagine - also heavy chain link and posts. One post was pushed in and the hedge has a large dent. Good job it didn't hit the gate posts --they are 3""diameter and over 1 foot in the ground.. they'd have both feet in a grave.
My neighbour heard it at 1 in the morning -she sai it sounded like a gunshot. I'd love to see the condition of the car-and driver. They must have got the worst of it as we found all sorts of bits of car in the hedge even an ash tray !! All of the bits were black and quite new condition.!!!
Thought you'd like to know.

Will
13-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear that Cathi, hope you've contacted the police, sounds like they may have something to go on if there's bits of car left behind.

Shizara
13-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Certainly not the most pleasant of surprises to come home to. I guess there are two sides to this. If you contact the Police as Will suggested they may well help with any insurance claim you might have. On the other hand it could a been someone who, for reasons known to themselves and any associates, that they best "shoot through" as fast as they can before Police arrive.