PDA

View Full Version : Marathon

optrex
30-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Any coverage on this event? I didn't even know it was on until today.

Will
30-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Was this the Stratford Marathon? It does tend to pass unoticed most the time. Or was it the race for life one?

I can't keep up with all the Marathon events at this time of year either, I tend not to watch because it reminds me that I should be doing it as well. :)

optrex
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
It was the Stratford Marathon, I was referring to.

Personally I feel the Race for Life events are sexist as you can only enter if you are female. Then they have the cheek to use the strap line "together we will beat cancer".

juliet
01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm actually trying to find out as a relatively new resident in Stratford if there are any book clubs that anyone can recommend??

Will
01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
It was the Stratford Marathon, I was referring to.

Personally I feel the Race for Life events are sexist as you can only enter if you are female. Then they have the cheek to use the strap line "together we will beat cancer".

Especially when you consider that although rare, men can suffer from breast cancer too.

Still, what do I know, I'm just a man. :D

Will
01-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm actually trying to find out as a relatively new resident in Stratford if there are any book clubs that anyone can recommend??

Hi Juliet,

To ask a question in a new thread, just click on the 'New Thread' Button. I'm not sure about any book clubs in STratford, but there's bound to be more then a few around. There's hundreds of posters in the Library, I'm sure some of them are about book clubs.

I'm hoping our Member Ron will stop by soon, he's a literary type and is bound to know about one. His friend is also organising a Literary Festival for this summer in Stratford. There's a thread about that here somewhere.

Good luck in your quest. ;)

optrex
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Might be worth putting the new thread button next to the reply button Will. It saves people having to come out of the thread. Its a small code change. If you are interested, I'll point you to it.