PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the ladies?

cathidaw
29-04-2007, 11:34 PM
What has happened to all the ladies on this site? They don't stay long.
If they dont find it interesting they should make it so.
Please you ladies who joined, say something- even something boring will do for a start-I mean look at me--I can bore the socks off anyone with my chatter but I dont care much, I like to write and I like to talk, and being anonymous helps.

Will
30-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Here here!

I don't think you're boring though Cathi. :)

cathidaw
30-04-2007, 09:43 PM
WILL THANKS-YOU MADE MY DAY.
And what a day.......
Got up late(as usual ) and missed an appointment: my pond pump packed up and it cost me £80.00. When I got the new one back here Ifixed it up and it didn't work so phoned up A5 Aquatics .they said bring it back we'll look at it . "Another journey" Ithought. "I'll go tomorrow"Then I got my brain into the right gear and looked again. I'd put the inlet to the outlet hadn't I, so I undid the whole lot and --heigh -ho ! it works! A whole day gone. But soon I may be able to see my fish, the water is so murky but I'm told the fish like it like that. The pond is only 1 metre from my window. In the mornings when I open the curtains they line up waiting for food- they are like swimming hoovers. And choosey!!! they only like one type of food and certainly not the orange stuff. They sort it out. Who said fish only have a memory span of one minute!!
Tonight I burnt my cakes . Never mind-- the birds love my stuff and they are used to it.
And -oh yes-- my cat had a bird this morning and my nice clean back porch which I slaved over yesterday because it was a mess- was well covered in miniature feathers. and she had been sick!
so you see my day was made .Sad aren't I. !!.

Shizara
03-05-2007, 06:37 PM
cathidaw you are not boring at all!!! :grouphug:

It may come as a surprise, but guess what? I'm definitely a woman and definitely here to stay. You certainly don't talk too much at all! Your comments and chattiness are very welcome, fun and informative.

Guess what? We like you lots too.

cathidaw
03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Shizara
thanks.
. Which makes me feel good on a day like today when I feel like death.
Ihad a bite or something just above my ankle last week and it is swollen and red and has given me a flu- like feeling.
Ithought at first it was a bramble scratch, but it's never bothered m e before.

Has anyone heard of Lymes disease?
2 years ago my son in Southampton had a bite on his leg possibly from a deer tick. it was so bad that he went to the doctor who said put antihistamine cream on it and almost"go away" and mentioned that he'd heard of Lymes but didn't think it was that.
When he described the size and characteristics of the bite to me Ilooked up Lymes on the internetand phoned him to tell him.but he'd already looked it up fo himself and was actually the doctor's surgery. They didn't take him seriously until he insistedthat they do something. No one at the surgery had come across it so he suggested the look it up on computer--'right Now'
They rushed him to the hospital for a day of tests == Ithink the GPS were scared ==-and was found positive
He had to have a lumbar puncture (painful)and all sorts of other tests.
. He was on atibiotics for a month. When he went to the chemist to get the next months supply the pharmacist asked him what they wer for and then told him they were the wrong ones. Back he went to the hospital immediately
and they morE or less said 'whoopps sorry' and gave him the right ones.
There wer many problems -such as not going out in the sun-and bad headaches but luckily it was caught in time.
Lymes is a ver degenerative disease-and no cure after the first few months.
To see how horrific just type in 'Lymes Disease.on the internet.
Apparently it is common in wooded areas and there are notices all arount.Iwould have thought the doctors at the surgery would have known about it being in the New Forest area. The hospital knew.
My son wrote to them later and said as much and also gave them a list of guidelines for the future.
PS iDID NOT KNOW YOU WERE A WOMAN.

Shizara
05-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Am so sorry you are having a rough time of it at the moment. Life sure throws us some difficulties when it comes to health and relationships etc. The challenge is in dealing with them and I know it can be difficult to do this at times and that there are times when a good "get it off your chest" episode helps or even just being able to discuss the nature of the problem as you have in here. I really hope they get to the bottom of it for you cathi and am sure we all wish you a speedy recovery.

PS iDID NOT KNOW YOU WERE A WOMAN.

Oddly enough, I have been since the day I was born. My father was a tad disappointed after the arrival of another girl - my sister - and so there were never any more children as they didn't wish to run the risk of another girl. I don't know about anyone else but I would have thought that having a healthy child would come first and whether it be a boy or a girl, that's nature. So, irrespective of my father longing for a son I am happy to be a woman and wouldn't have it any other way.

cathidaw
05-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Thank you,
Ifeel well now-got some antibiotics yesterday.
Dont we live in a wonderful time!
In our parents time they had to suffer for weeks even with a boil-which is hardly ever seen nowadays.
Iremember when penicillin was discovered and how Icould not wait to be old enough to be a nurse-which Iwas in my other life.
Ialso remember my friend who was the youngest but one of seven girls and how upset her mother was when she had her eighth girl, but how proud her father was , carrying her around to the neighbours houses to show her off.
The next was a boy but Ihad moved by then so Idont know if he -(the boy)was lucky or not...probably mothered to bits Ihope he did not go 'down the pit' as most boys were destined for..
Iam now going to look at my garden and maybe--just maybe do some tidying.It is a lovely afternoon.

chillitt
05-05-2007, 09:57 PM
where are all the Ladies...
I have been asking myself the same question..:rolleyes: :D

Shizara
06-05-2007, 03:33 PM
where are all the Ladies...
I have been asking myself the same question..:rolleyes: :D

:Lies:

Cathi and I are here :whistling:

cathidaw
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
We'll hold the fort 'til they come back!
I'm not going anywhere.:clapping:

Shizara
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Neither am I going anywhere... must as well get comfortable.... Tea?