PDA

View Full Version : Broadband woes

Will
25-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Just in case anyone has been wondering where I've been the last few days. My braodband is playing up, and have been unable to get online for any meaningful amount of time.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted out next Wednesday.

optrex
25-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Will ...?

...Will who?

Hope you get it sorted out soon, these things have a habbit of dragging on....and on.....and on

Shizara
29-04-2007, 10:59 AM
My sympathies Will. I had no end of issues when my ISP decided to move some of us to LLU. Had so many hassles and spent days without an internet connection. It was a right pain in the proverbial.

Will
29-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Wahey!

For no reason my connection has decided to start working this morning. I'm sure it won't last though, so I'll make the most of it while I can. :)

Roll on Wednesday, and I can get this sorted out once and for all.

Shizara
03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Oooh.. Welcome back to the land of continuous - most of the time - Broadband

Will
03-05-2007, 08:09 PM
The engineer that came yesterday seems to have nailed the problem, I haven't had any trouble since his visit. I'm pretty chuffed, considering I was more then a little sceptical about it making any difference.

Shizara
15-05-2007, 06:50 PM
My turn for the broadband woes last night. Came home, turned the PC on and the internet connection wasn't worth a tin of fish. Soon got fedup with the on again off again nonsense. So, time for drastic action. Pull the power cable out of the router, go put the kettle on, make a cuppa, read the front page of the paper then come back, reconnect and things start to happen and suddenly, back on the internet. - Wahey! - Must have been some issues out there and rebooting the router was all that was required.

Will
16-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Mine is now officially playing up again after working perfectly since the engineer came round. It's absolutely doing my head in now.

Shizara
20-05-2007, 05:55 PM
A right pain in the proverbial. Apart from things that go pearshaped I think most of them do traffic shaping?

optrex
21-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Indeed they do Shiz. I use ADSL4LESS for that reason

cathidaw
21-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I dont at the moment have broadband woes---------mine are printer woes.
Ihad a canon which was perfect, and then it packed up just when guarantee ran out.
Now my HP given up the ghost, which is well out of guarantee and just as I had paid £29.00 for inks which have been opened so cant take them back. so have to get another printer.

Shizara
22-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Aww, that certainly is annoying. I ran out of printer ink when I was doing some prints so, ordered a replacement cartridge online then whizzed into a shop in town for a £10 exchange cartridge - you give them your empty one and get a refilled cartridge.

Printers are like many things in today's society that replaces equipment and appliances because it is often not cost effective to repair come into this category.

It is truly unlucky that both your printers have stopped performing at pretty much the same time.

optrex
22-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Techie tip!

Always check out inks first, choose the ones that offer best value for money then buy a printer that the cartridge fits!

Techie tip 2!
If the ink stops then use a good quality ink flushing kit

Techie tip 3!
Always, always always use genuine cartidges.

Shizara
23-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Hat trick!

Three very useful techie tips.. Thank you Optrex.