PDA

View Full Version : new Barford bypass.

cathidaw
23-04-2007, 12:25 AM
tonight Icame home along the new Barford Bypass. It is certainly a super road and they are still working on it.
Ifeel a bit peeved though-Iwas one of the ones who got caught out by the speed cameras back in September.I argued the point that I had been on a road with a 60 limit and suddenly without warning there was a portable 30 sign and a camera about 10 yards from it ,giving no-one time to slow down.
Because I had been flashed I went back next day to have a look
Iwas even more sore because I was accused of doing 36 at the time.
Now see that there is a big posh notice that there will be a 30 sign a good way ahead, and also another 30 sign with plenty of time to slow down before anyone reaches the camera.
A good many any people were fined at that time, and probably argued the same point, and I suspect they all had the standard letter saying that each one had been thorougly investigated ( rubbish) and of course we were all at fault.
I think they did read the letters -hence these new signs-but dont care --just pay your fine or else.
ps, Iwould like to know what the people and businesses of Barford think of the new road-- Ibet it's pretty quiet.

Lex
09-04-2013, 08:16 PM
The bypass has made a heck of an impact on Barford; it's become a quiet little village, and seems to have developed a good community feel. The community run shop isn't too bad either.