PDA

View Full Version : Warwick wins Uni title

optrex
17-04-2007, 10:18 AM
The University of Warwick has won BBC TV's University Challenge for the first time ever.

It beat the reigning champions, the University of Manchester, by 30 points in the final which was screened last night. Daisy Chrisodoulou captained the side which also involved Harold Wyber, Prakash Patel and Rory Gill.

Mr Wyber said: "We were on five times so we had our two-and-a-half hours of fame... It's only now sinking in."

BBC NEWS | England | Coventry/Warwickshire | Warwick wins University Challenge (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/6562691.stm)

Well done boys and girls :clapping:

Will
17-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Am I right in thinking that Warwick Uni is largely an arts based Uni? I think that makes them winning all the better, as there's not as many academics to choose from.

Leofric
21-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Am I right in thinking that Warwick Uni is largely an arts based Uni? I think that makes them winning all the better, as there's not as many academics to choose from.

No, it isn't an Arts Based Uni. Far from it - the Uni has a huge Engineering departments, a well highly regarded Computer Science department and physics, biology, chemistry departments. Their Maths department is also very good as well. Not forgetting the Warwick Uni Medical school as well...

Warwick has one of the largest post-grad numbers as well - lots of students doing Msc and PhD qualifications. (It's where I did my Msc!).