PDA

View Full Version : By-passes and bank holidays

chillitt
11-04-2007, 12:44 PM
How delighted the highways types must have been to have got the new Barford bypass open in time for Easter.. thus allowing traffic to queue from wellesbourne all the way through to kenilworth. What a major leap forward in road transport...:rolleyes: When are they going sort this out? every bank holiday, we are besieged by thousands of people who cannot get any where. It took me nearly 2 hours to get from Sherbourne into Warwick and back. I had to come back via Barford, Charlcote and Hampton Lucy!!!! And not a traffic cop in site trying to keep junctions clear... J15 yellow boxes clearly dont apply on bank holidays...:mad:

Will
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking rather then build more roads, we need many many more railway lines. I for one would gladly use rail if it were convinient in any way. I'd like to think other people would too.

Shizara
05-05-2007, 04:10 PM
What we really need is a teleport. No motorway congestion, road tolls, worries about the uninsured clobbering your car etc. Or, how about a George Jetson spaceship. I have vague memories of it folding up into a briefcase so there were no parking hassles and over zealous parking wardens.

chillitt
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Shiz, I think we could work up to that, but in the interim, perhaps simpler things like when they build a bypass, they could put the bus stops in a layby rather than having the buses stop on the nice new road....:rolleyes: