PDA

View Full Version : Merry-go-round at Bankcroft Gardens?

Will
04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
There's been a fairground ride on the bankcroft for the last week or so now, and I can't help wondering why. Is this part of the scheme to ensure that no one can have a relaxing time in the park. Or is it the start of a movement to truly turn Stratford into one of those tacky tourist towns?

Shizara
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I daresay the ride won't be free so maybe they are using it to turn over a few £s. As a child my father used to constantly remind my sister and I that the world doesn't revolve around us. This actually gave a balanced view of life which seems to have been discarded in today's world. It seems to me he may be a tad wrong there by today's reasoning.....

Rainbow
05-04-2007, 12:21 PM
no doubt some kids will come along and vandalise it or graffitti it etiher before or after they have put washing up liquid in the fountain!

TripeHoundRedux
10-04-2007, 01:28 PM
I saw that and while it's nice enough I'm not paying a quid fifty to ride a carrousel. (Took my mother out to lunch then we took the little 1/2 an hour river cruise, thought momentarily about going on the merry go round).