PDA

View Full Version : tearoom closure in nuneaton museum

cathidaw
28-03-2007, 12:19 AM
This coming Saturday the lovely new tearoom in riversley Park Museum will closed for good.
Apparently it doesn't make much profit--doesn't make a loss either so why on earth is it being closed.
Do these councils really have to make a profit?
Ithought these things were there for the good of the people--whenever I go there it is always busy.
A nice cafe or tearoom in a museum encourages more people to use it.....
where else in Nuneaton can any one go on a Sunday afternoon

Leofric
28-03-2007, 12:21 PM
This coming Saturday the lovely new tearoom in riversley Park Museum will closed for good.
Apparently it doesn't make much profit--doesn't make a loss either so why on earth is it being closed.
Do these councils really have to make a profit?
Ithought these things were there for the good of the people--whenever I go there it is always busy.
A nice cafe or tearoom in a museum encourages more people to use it.....
where else in Nuneaton can any one go on a Sunday afternoon

Maybe it doesn't cover its costs, in which case it would be irresponsible of the council to keep it open.

optrex
28-03-2007, 04:36 PM

This would seem to indacte costs are covered and a profit is made, but its obviously too small.

In all honesty should museums be making a profit out of the public anyway ?

tracey
28-03-2007, 10:50 PM
that is bad news it is a good place to go in the summer.

Madhatter
28-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Aww thats terrible, i'm gutted, i used to go with my love there in the summer after a walk round the park. I think thats the wrong thing to do.

cathidaw
23-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I see that Nuneaton council have invited tenders for the museum tearoom to be opened again. Visitors to the museum have been at the lowest level ever since it closed a year ago.
Apparently they have now been swamped with applications.
Let's hope they decide before the winter.

Shizara
23-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Re-opening the tearoom would be an extremely popular move and like cathidaw I agree that it would be good to see this done before winter so that that visitors to the park can enjoy the summer season and tea in the park as part of the day out.

Shizara
11-07-2008, 01:56 AM
BBC NEWS | England | Coventry/Warwickshire | Museum's tea rooms 'will reopen' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7500832.stm)

Here's hoping it all goes well and includes something along the lines of the picture rather than just fast food burgers etc..