PDA

View Full Version : New to Leamington

Jenjen
10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Hi, my boyfriend and I have moved here recently following his shiney new job at Codemasters and, after a little digging I found this place!

I know literally no one in this area (apart from my boyfriend's colleages from work) and was wondering about other interest groups around here. I noticed the photography and poetry sections. The local parks are very photogenic :)

However, being the huge geeks that we are we were wondering about say gaming interest groups? Book clubs that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice, you all seem like a very friendly bunch :D

Oh and I've been advised to go and check the library but not to hold out too much hope for geekery :P

~Jen

Will
10-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi JenJen!

Codemasters eh, perfect place if you'reinto your gaming. I think I know someone who works there, not sure what he does though.

I've rekindled my passion for playing games recently, I've very much into stratergy games, and have just got Supreme Commander, which is fantastic fun even if I am rubbish at it. There's a huge online community all battling against one another, and you really can't beat creating your own army and pitting your wits against other people.

I got though stages of reading books, I'm currently just getting back into it again. The last books I resd were Peter F. Hamilton's 'Night's Dawn' Triology, which is also very geeky but very very long, it wore me out and it's taken a while to get back into my books. Very good if you like sci-fi at all. That's my confessions to geekdom anyway.

:)

Shizara
10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Jenjen.. a big :Welcome: to Warwickshire Online!

Have played some online games but am going through bored patch with them. The people I played with in alliances have given up, which is a shame. Perhaps it is time to resurrect one of them.

As for geekyness.... I confess to being a bit geeky and a bit spoddy. I enjoy my computers and being part of a few online communities has made me more computer literate and have learnt much since I turned my first computer on. It was an Acorn A4000. One day I accidentally deleted part of Acorn ICQ. No problem. I found an older version, copied over the missing items, did an update and bingo... up and running again.

Books... I like sci fi and whodunits. Currently reading Area 7 by Matthew Reilly. However I have read the Woman of Substance series by Barbara Taylor Bradford. Some see it is a series for women's libbers. But I see a story of a young girl raised in poverty, working as a maid, becoming pregnant to the son of the Master of the house and having dream of bringing her family out of poverty. She realized her dream and whilst she indeed brought her family out of poverty she also taught them some very sound lessons in life. I have a backlog of books to catch up on so mental note oOo.. read more ...oOo

Abbie
13-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi Jenjen, hope you come and visit us again soon!. :D