PDA

View Full Version : Interesting restaurant experiences

cathidaw
23-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Iwould like to start a thread about interesting experiences in restaurants.
Ihave already told about my Mongolian experience elswhere.
I like to eat out a lot and try diffent places.-even when Igo shopping Imust stop somewhere even for a coffee.
I remember going to the Royal Court some years ago on my daughter's 18th.
She asked for a vegetarian meal which was not so common as now. We all had almost eaten our 'meat' meal when hers came. An omelette filled with tinned mixed veg-straight from the tin .== disgusting. I complained and they offered to warm it up! Whilst all this was happening , right behind me was a trolley where some steak was being 'incinerated' and all the smoke and fumes were wafting through my hair .
We left and as our coats were being collected the manager came and asked if we had enjoyed the meal.
I told him!!. He offered us another meal- another day-for which I thanked him but never took up the offer, as my daughter went off to university and time passed.
ANOTHER TIME I WENT INTO A CAFE IN COVENTRY --NOT TO BE NAMED- AND WATCHED A YOUNG GIRL NOT ONLY COMBING HER LONG HAIR---BUT DIPPING HER COMB INTO THE TEA URN.

COME ON LETS HEAR SOME MORE TALES THERE MUST BE SOME.

Shizara
25-02-2007, 04:24 PM
A Millie's Cookies establishment. "Could I have a cup of tea please with only a small amount of milk?" .... Lass turns and asks if I take sugar. Expecting to get sachets I said "Yes, 2 please." She puts the cup on the counter, tea bag out, already with milk and sugar in it. I hmmed... took the lid off and was confronted with milky water and a hint of tea. I ordered a second cup. "Just black please, NO milk, please leave the tea bag in." It too was placed on the counter. I took the lid off and no tea bag, loads of milk. Thought I would give her one more chance to get things right. I asked for the double chocolate muffin which is a chocolate muffin with chocolate chips. I recieved a plain muffin with chocolate chips. I left thinking I must be speaking Martian.

cathidaw
15-03-2007, 12:04 AM
I went into a cafe in Banbury last week for a light meal and
asked if they do vegetarian.
"Oh yes" said the girl, "If you don't want meat we can do you a nice sausage or bacon batch". She was so helpful, and came back. "If you like, the cook says he'll do you sausage AND bacon all in one batch, he's in a good mood today:
We had scrambled egg on toast.