PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry to go to War

Will
22-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Prince Harry has been given the go ahead to go to fight in Iraq, he's said to be delighted by the decision.

Personally I think he did the right thing. While it may put his squad at greater risk, he could not possibly hope to have any respect from his troops if he didn't go. Good on him I say.

Shizara
22-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes, I think you will find many people support his decision and it will earn him much respect. A shame that the PM's son couldn't join the army and go too.

optrex
23-02-2007, 09:38 AM
This country has sent princes and kings into war for hundreds of year - why should Harry be any different?

Its pretty stupid joining the army to "train" all your life. Good luck to him I say!

chillitt
23-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Yep, fair play to him. There is no part of Iraq thats 'safe' especially for him! There is a lot of mealy mouthed remarks from the anti royal types as usual, but I reckon unless they have been out there, they should keep quiet. It would be easy for Harry to just do a bit of charity work, go to a few parties and take advantage of his position, but he has chosen to put himself in harms way. Its a shame the 'republicans' cant see that.