PDA

View Full Version : Good Sledging loctions

Will
07-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Never hurts to plan ahead.

Welcome Hills just outside of Stratford Town used to be popular, and I think Mickleton has some good hills too.

List your suggestions for good sledging. :D

optrex
07-02-2007, 04:48 PM
If we get the predicted 6 inches, then any of the sliproads should be ideal, cos there wont be any traffic on them ;)

Will
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Thought it might be a good idea to resurrect this thread, for the same reasons as above. This thread was made almost a year ago to within a few days, guess the weather still at least has some consistency

Don't forget your bobble hats!

Shizara
17-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Can we order some more falls like that for next winter? It certainly livens things up and sometimes you see a different side of people. I noticed a group of teens walking by after school.. they certainly weren't being a pain by any stretch of the imagination but simply enjoying the heavy fall and using the opportunity to roll snowballs to lob at each other. Not passers by, not windows, not cars, but playing amongst themselves.

Whilst the snow is gone from Nuneaton and Warwickshire - well, haven't seen any in the last couple of days - I went to Derbyshire over the weekend and they must have had a fall and 3/4 because many it was inches thick. The back garden had big pot plants and though the outside edges of the snow had melted a bit you got the impression of someone having let loose with the soapsuds.