PDA

View Full Version : PR Stunt needed.

Will
02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

I'm thinking I need some kind of PR stunt to get the newspapers to report about this site, or even better Midlands today or local radio.. I don't think I can afford what the RSC did (flying balloons over Stratford playing music to wake everyone up), but I do need something.

I thought of getting in touch with an old animation tutor of mine, who does giant land art. He might be able to help somehow. He did the two giant rabbits you see on the warwick Road leaving Stratford (If they're still there).

Any cool ideas would be brilliant. :)

chillitt
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
lets storm the WCC offices... I know a few historical re enactors...:rolleyes:

optrex
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Whats you unique selling point for WO ?

Will
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
lets storm the WCC offices... I know a few historical re enactors...:rolleyes:

Now that would be fun. :)

Will
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Whats you unique selling point for WO ?

I'd say its main selling point is that it gives the people of Warwickshire a collective voice online. Not to mention being a great way of meeting local, and like minded people.
It's also a great resource for local information, that increases with every new member.

optrex
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I'd say its main selling point is that it gives the people of Warwickshire a collective voice online. Not to mention being a great way of meeting local, and like minded people.
It's also a great resource for local information, that increases with every new member.

True, but that could be said for any online resource for the area. What makes WO unique? What do you offer that no-one else does?

Will
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Can it though? I haven't found any other community websites of this calibre (and believe me I've looked) for Warwickshire.

optrex
02-02-2007, 12:37 PM
They may not be of the same calibre, but they still allow an online voice

Will
02-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Many things allow an onlive voice, but I don't know of any other Warwickshire Forums.

Madhatter
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
There isn't another Warwickshire forum is there? There's individual town web sites and those crap advertising web sites but not a Warwickshire one. This site is different to town sites because it lets the county communicate. Whats the chances of you ever joining Atherstone forum or nuneatonweb, I'd have never have had my enlightening debates with leofric if it wasn't for this site or have got help off optrex or started chatting to the wonderfull Shizara.

ronlyre
04-02-2007, 10:48 PM
It's a difficult one Will. In my view the trouble with these kind of sites is that they are so concerned with letting everyone have a voice, that they tend to get taken over by people with not a lot to say, leading to the visitor having to plough their way though dross. I suppose one answer would be to have some sort of editor, like a newspaper does, someone to wield the red pen, but I can imagine the outcry this suggestion might make. In fact, perhaps that's what's needed? Comments like this to stir the masses.
MMMM....

cathidaw
20-09-2007, 12:35 AM
what about me up the corner here!!!!

ronlyre
20-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Links Will.
Is everybody on this site who has their own website linking to you?

What about RSS so we can subscribe?

I also so think a (free) submission to some search engines. You'd be surprised what you can pick up.

Write a short article about this site and submit it to article based websites.

Have you got any money to sponsor something?

I'll put you on my online shopping site if you let me put a link on here???

A few posters/flyers in and around

Stick a paypal button on the site, you never know a few of us might donate a quid here and there for future publicity.

Stick an adsense ad on...I wouldn't mind after all you give us a great service, sone or two ads wouldn't hurt (but be prepared for some complaints).

Hold a competition.

Try to get America interested, they love leafy warwickshire. Invite them to ask questions re Shakespeare (I know) or about coming here for a vacation.

I don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs (where did that expression originate from?) as I'm sure you've done most of this, only trying to help.

ronlyre
20-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I've just answered a very ancient post. Sorry wasn't concentrating

Shizara
22-09-2007, 06:34 PM
I'd have never have had my enlightening debates with leofric if it wasn't for this site

Debates / differences of opinion as opposed to arguments that get out of hand are healthy and good to see. How boring would life be if we all agreed on the same points of everything? We would be clones/robots.